Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Size For Academic Poster

Mac Peacocky: Impressions of Sunday Shopping and Purchases


As I wrote in my last post haul , Sunday, Feb. 6 for Mac, I was finally able to see up close the new collection Peacocky. The scenery that has inspired is the colorful plumage of the peacocks, beautiful animals that over the centuries have come in the popular imagination as a representation of vanity. The expectation, as often happens with collections of strong visual impact, even in this case was very high.

The collection includes 12 Kissable lipcolour - by lipgloss colore pieno ed intenso - e 15 Mega Metal Shadow. Questi ultimi, ombretti dalla pigmentazione elevata e splendidi riflessi metallici.

La collezione è uscita il 1°febbraio, quindi solo 5 giorni prima della mia visita. Eppure, nonostante il bel cartellone in bella mostra fuori dal negozio, i prodotti in edizioni limitata erano già scomparsi, completamente volatilizzati. Appena entrati nel Mac Pro Store di via del Babbuino, a Roma, notiamo l'espositore di un'altra bella collezione già depredata ancor prima che la mettessero in mostra (Mac & Mickey Contractor). Svoltato l'angolo, si notano gli ombretti e i lipgloss poggiati su un ripiano, privi di espositore. I tester non were complete were missing at least 3 eyeshadows (paparazzi-she, Ego and Odalisque) and some lipgloss (and Scandelicious Flaunting it, for example). Probably the testers were missing the day before, but obviously I can only tell what I saw with my own eyes.

I immediately started to test various colors and try them on my hands. All eyeshadows I have amazed by their high pigmentation vibration and the metallic color . No need to overdo it, even with a breath of product may notice the almost creamy texture , although it is produced in powder compact. The color is full, intense, highly metallic. Nobody seemed to me anonymously or bad, every color has its own peculiarities, although there are some that can be easily linked to other similar Mac. Change the texture, but the basic color resembles considerably.
example?
  • Tweet me looks a lot like the pigment Melon and all'ombretto Expensive Pink, both permanent .
  • Spetcacle of Yourself is only slightly darker eyeshadow Bronze and a little more light pigment Copperbeam.
  • Plum Noir reminds me very much pigment Violet.
  • Dalliance resembles Retrospeck, permanent.
  • Ego does not differ that much dall'ombretto Humid permanent.
Obviously this is only and solely of my comments. I do not mean that they are exactly the same thing, but if you are lost some of these products, you can somehow "fall back" on something like this in the permanent collection.

As for Kissable lipcolour, are all very beautiful and have a cover that will get nearer to the liquid lipstick than to simple gloss. Not having what I wanted (Flaunting it), I decided not to buy anyone.
As for eye shadows, my choice fell on the Prance and Dandizette, both already finished unfortunately. So I decided to take two more that I was very surprised and fortunately were still there. This is Centre Stage and Spectacle of Yourself:

(click to enlarge)

- Swatch Metal Shadow Mega Mac Centre Stage:


(Click to enlarge)

This is a chocolate brown metallic. Very nice to do smokey dark brown, for all those times when you do not want to use the usual black or gray. I took it because I missed a brown so dark and I like it particularly for its texture, which can hardly go unnoticed. It is a particular color, but for this I will have more opportunities to use it.

- Swatch Mac Shadow Mega Metal Spectacle of Yourself:

(click to enlarge)

A beautiful dark bronze, multi-faceted. Here too, the pigmentation is very good, yesterday I used it with eyeshadow Woodwinked permanent, but I already think of other combinations to try.

The eyeshadows come at a cost of 22 € and wafers containing 3.4 g of product, then more than double the normal size. The price is prohibitive, as usual, it's worth it only if one or more colors, like seriously.

Overall I think this collection will open the spring with the fabulous colors, what I regret is that the most popular ones are booked before di vederli con i propri occhi, impedendo a chi si presenta personalmente di poterli acquistare. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment